Monday, February 3, 2014

Dreaming

Dreams are a funny thing to me

Sometimes they are awesome! 
Sometimes they are non-existent.
Sometimes they are terrifying. 

I don't dream a lot 
usually less then once a month
but when I do 
they are vivid 
and I can remember them in great detail the next morning

Most of the time I love my dreams
Usually everything is cartoon
and honestly
I dream in musicals :) 
everyone is dancing and singing 
There's at least one melodic theme running through the entire dream
(sometimes I really wish I had the skills to copy down my dream songs) 
don't judge

To me they are awesome. 

But sometimes I have terrible 
terrible
dreams

Dreams that wont let me wake up
Dreams that are all too real
Dreams that make me hold my husband so tightly after they are over and sob
until I am exhausted

It is interesting to me that dreams happen
I honestly don't know much about them
why we have them
if they mean anything

But when I do get one that is vivid enough to remember the next day
I try and write them down 
I have no idea if it will ever mean anything
ever
but for me
especially with the bad ones
It's a good way to get it out of my head
to get over it


Do you guys know anything about dreams? 
Anything that helps you when the bad ones come? 
Any special way of recording them? 

I'd love to hear what you think. 



1 comment:

  1. I know the basic assumption is that a dream is your brain randomly firing while you sleep. Because our brains can't just go off and just leave it at that, it tries to make sense of the firings by putting them together into dreams. Also, in a psych class I took I learned the best way to record them is to keep a "dream journal" next to your bed and write them down as soon as you wake up. That's the best way to make sure you record it correctly :)

    ReplyDelete