Monday, October 14, 2013

After the Storm

Steven and I have been struggling with the decision to move to Hawaii. 
We feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to move here 
but it has felt as though a giant storm of opposition has been raging all around us since we arrived. 
Everything has been so hard and I know life isn't supposed to be easy
I know it's meant to be hard
really hard
but it has never been this hard before

Last week
I hit a breaking point
I remember kneeling alone on the floor for hours just letting it all out 

Today felt very differently


It is such a small thing 
but today there was a storm
A literal thunder/rain storm
But to me
that was enough

I have always loved storms
Something about them is magical to me
I remember chasing them when I was in high school
I would call up a friend as soon as they hit and we would jump in the car and try and find the most spectacular view of what was unfolding

Today
It started to rain
it started to pour
then it started to thunder

I don't know how to describe it any more then to say I feel like this storm was meant for me 
to remind me of the beauty of a good storm
To remind me that when they happen 
to stop
to open all the windows you can and let all the good in
to sit in silence and listen to the world
listen to all that I need to hear

One of my absolute favorite things about storms and rain is the smell that comes with it. 
That beautiful 
clean 
fresh 
new world smell

Maybe our storm is going to be a long one
but I think this one is meant to help me see
to help me pause 
to help me wash away all the little things and focus on the true beauty of this amazing life I have been so blessed to live

and just like all storms
this one will end
when it's ready



2 comments: