Thursday, April 2, 2015

I'm a dork...but I hope you like this video :)

This week has been so weird
W-E-I-R-D

Friends
For real! 

So I hope you excuse the amount of silliness in this video and just take it for what it is. 
Further proof that 
I can do nothing normally

But here it is. 

Easter/Spring Time Date Night Look! 


I wanted to do something for Easter coming up 
I have seen a lot of videos being posted about sweet and simple spring time looks
so I thought I would do something a little different
a purple smokey eye that is still simple and soft enough to be springy! 

I really hope you guys like it 
:) 




Foundation
This is a Date night look so I decided to do more full coverage. Just dab some BB cream all over your face and smooth it out. 

I used the E.L.F. Small Stipple Brush for my blending but you can use a beauty blender or just your fingers too if you like. I personally opt for a brush whenever I can just because it feels more luxurious to me. I love the feeling of putting on my makeup with a brush and if it's a small and simple happy...why the heck not right? Use small circles to blend it all in to perfection. 


Lip Balm
Next I put on some of my favorite Rosebud Perfume Co. Strawberry Lip Balm. When I know I'm going to be doing a full eye look I don't want my lips to dry out while waiting for their turn. Plus it smells and feels amazing!


Eye Lid Primer
Next, because I am going for more of a bold eye, primer is KEY! It keeps the shadow from fading and creasing. Done! I use E.L.F. Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer  cause it works and is only 3 dolla. Double Done! 


Shadow
I realized after I had made this video that the shadow palette I used isn't actually available anymore. But I found one that is super close, Eyeshadow Quad in Purple Icon. Just use the corresponding colors. 

I start by taking the lightest purple shade and sweeping that all over my lid and just barely into my crease. Tap a little onto the tip of the brush and sweep that along your lower lash line. 

Next take the mid-shade purple color and starting at the outer corner of your eye pat that in to about 2/3 of the way over your lid. Don't cross that 2/3 line! You want that original light purple to show through at the inner 1/3 of your eye. This helps lightly contour your eye giving it the appearance of being more round and shaded.

Then...
BLEND!!
Blending is key with any smokey eye. If there are lines anywhere...it will not look smokey...it will just look sloppy. 
And that's not pretty. Not at all! 

Next take the darkest shade of purple and again starting at the outer corner of your eye deepen the shadow even further. Create a v shape at the outer corner of your upper eyelid sweeping back and forth along your lash line and into your crease just above your lid. Also tap a little of that deep purple on the edge of the brush and sweep that along your lower lash line.
Now BLEND!

Blend Blend Blend until it doesn't look like 3 different colors. Just a beautiful natural shadow around your eye. 

Lastly take your finger and get a little of that bright white pigment and dab that into the inner corners of your eye. Again make sure there are no harsh lines showing. This adds a little brightness to your eyes. 



Liner
Next comes liner. I used an Ulta Automatic Eye Liner in Storm. With a bold but pastel shadow color like this a black liner would be too harsh. Using the gray liner messily smudge your upper and lower lash lines. Don't worry about being too perfect cause as soon as you're done lining take your brush and smudge that line out. This helps soften the edges and again, adds to the sexy smokey-ness of the look. 


Mascara
Lastly add your mascara. You know the one. :) 


Concealer
I choose to do my concealer, especially my under eye concealer, AFTER I have finished my eye makeup. I find that eye shadow dust has the tendency to fall onto your cheekbones as your working so if you do your concealer after, you just brush it away and THEN perfect it. Easier right? 

I use L'Oreal Paris True Match Crayon Concealer  to get rid of any dark circles, and NYX Waterproof Concealer to cover any blemishes or spots. 


Brows! 
Brows make such a difference. They can still look natural, but if they are not filled in and groomed and you're trying to pull off a full shadow look like this...let me tell you...you will fell out of balance! For real! I seriously can't stress how important brows are! Just try it. I promise, you'll love what it does for your face. 
I use Sonia Kashuk Tinted Brow Gel to even out the thickness of my brows and help darken just a touch. Then using the Rimmel Professional Brow Liner I go back in and touch up any spots that might look bare still. ( I have weird bald spots in my brows....so I have to use 2 products sometimes) Weirdo


Contour
Next comes the face. I contour just the tiniest bit! I seriously cannot stress how lightly you should be doing this! You can so easily go overboard with contouring. You want just a touch of pigment added to enhance the shadows under your cheekbones. It starts getting really muddy looking REALLY fast if you're not careful. Use a fluffy brush to make sure there are no harsh lines. 


Blush
I chose this blush because it is such a springy pink! It really goes right along with the whole look I was trying to pull together. Just a touch on your cheeks please. No streaks here.


Touch Up
(I had to add a touch more concealer. All that blushin wiped off what I had previously covered) 


Lips
Last is lipstick. This color is awesome! It's pretty neutral, but still kind of pinky purple. Perfect for a springy - feminine - Eastery Date night lip! Muah! 



Happy Easter Friends! 









Full Product List: 
Garnier Skin Renewal Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream: Normal to Dry Skin in Fair/Light
Eyeshadow Quad in Purple Icon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this helpful information.
    Thank you for your guidance and support.You’re the sweetest! Thank you for everything you do!

    ReplyDelete